E-Max Systems Ltd provides powerful, flexible and affordable ERP software for small to medium sized manufacturing and engineering businesses. Our E-Max ERP software has been designed by engineers for engineers and incorporates 20 years best practice. E-Max ERP is a ‘whole of business’ software package that enables companies to track an order from initial enquiry through to invoice.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Visitors to our website
When someone views www.emax-systems.co.uk we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including business address, telephone number and email address
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- IP address
What we do with the information we collect
On our website
We receive information from several areas on our website. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
- Personal data received from our website enquiry forms – we use this to provide you with further information you have requested on E-Max Systems Ltd and/or our products. By providing us with your personal data, you consent to us processing it.
- Personal data received from our website Live Chat service – we use this to provide you with further information you have requested on E-Max Systems Ltd and/or our products. By providing us with your personal data, you consent to us processing it.
- Personal data received from our website support tickets – we use this to resolve your support issue. Our legal basis for processing this information is contract and we do so to fulfil a service to you.
- Personal data received from our newsletter registration form – we use this to provide you with further information you have requested on E-Max Systems Ltd and/or our products via our monthly e-newsletter. By providing us with your personal data, you consent to us processing it. We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing email@example.com. We do not rent or sell our email lists to any other company or business.
From other sources
- In cases where we meet individuals face to face, ie at business events, we may request your contact details/business card to provide further information. By providing us with your personal data you consent to us using it.
- Social media – if you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored on that social media platform. We will respond within one week. It will not be shared with any other organizations. If we identify a legitimate interest and can balance it against the individual’s interests, rights and freedoms, we may move the contact details to our secure database.
We also use the above information for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our services and website
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We do this where we identify a legitimate interest. If a legitimate interest is identified, we balance this against the individual’s interests, rights and freedoms.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We do this under either a contract basis or where we identify a legitimate interest. If a legitimate interest is identified, we balance this against the individual’s interests, rights and freedoms.
How long do we retain the information we collect
We will store the information we collect for no longer than we believe is necessary. This may be until a business issue is resolved or we believe that there is no longer interest from you in our products or services.
In addition to the above, we will retain any documents (including electronic documents) that contain personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. If there is a data breach, we will notify both you and the ICO within 3 business days.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
We use Google Analytics and Adwords on our website to
- recognize a computer when a user visits the website
- track users as they navigate the website
- improve the website’s usability
- analyse the use of the website
- target advertisements which may be of particular interest to specific users
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We use TLS to encrypt and protect email traffic in line with government regulations. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The General Data Protection Regulations enable individuals to find out whether we are holding any personal information pertaining to them through a right of access or subject access request. Such requests should be emailed to email@example.com. We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We will not provide your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
This website is owned and operated by E-Max Systems Ltd. E-Max Systems Ltd is registered in Scotland Company No: SC189614
The Technology Centre
James Watt Avenue
Scottish Enterprise Technology Park
T: +44 (0)808 109 2035